6 December 2019
Deadline for submission: 14 February 2020
THIS CALLED HAS BEEN CLOSED.
The results will be published soon
As decided by the Thirteenth ECPGR Steering Committee Meeting in Vienna (December 2012), the Working Groups carry out Activities mandated by the Steering Committee (SC) or proposed by the Working Groups (WGs) and approved by the SC or by the Executive Committee (ExCo).
At its Fourteenth Meeting in October 2019, the ExCo decided the launch of the Third Call for ECPGR-funded actions during November 2019, with deadline for submission 14 February 2020.
- Expected budget: The maximum amount for each Working Group should not exceed € 20 000. In case more WGs are involved in a single Activity, the budget for each Activity can be increased (for example, for an Activity involving two WGs, up to € 40 000 can be funded).
Proposed Activities should address elements of the Objectives of ECPGR for Phase X (2019-2023). (264,3 KB) Proposals are expected to clearly highlight the impact that Activities can have on reaching specific ECPGR objectives and how these will be reached.
ECPGR Working Group members from eligible countries can be funded partners in the proposals. Other self-funded partners are also allowed to participate.
As at November 2019, the following countries are NOT eligible to receive ECPGR funds according to Rule of Procedure 1.7 (non-payment of ECPGR contributions for more than two years): Armenia, Azerbaijan, Israel, Italy, Malta, Poland, Russian Federation, Spain and Ukraine.
Eligible expenditures to carry out proposed Activities include staff costs, equipment, supplies, travel and meeting costs. Overheads are not eligible. There is no limitation whether these activities should be meetings or different actions and the country quota does not apply.
Proposals can only be submitted by the Chairs of ECPGR WGs. However, any member of an ECPGR WG can be Activity Coordinator and submit proposals through the channel of his/her respective WG Chair. Each proposal can involve more than one WG but will be only submitted by one agreed Chair. WG Chairs/Activity Coordinators should seek Expressions of Interest from WG members (see WG lists here) listed as participants in a proposed Activity. Expressions of Interest should indicate which contribution(s) are planned for the Activity and the level of commitment of each interested participant.
Flow Chart 3 (56,9 KB)
- WG Chair promotes/seeks ideas for Activities from the WG
- WG Chair/Activity Coordinator invites WG members to sign Expressions of Interest (EoIs) to participate in specified Activities
- Based on received EoIs, WG Chair selects the participants for the proposed Activity (this might be done in consultation with Secretariat)
- WG Chair/Activity Coordinator fills in the online Activity proposal form and the budget table (or delegates this to the agreed Activity Coordinator, if different from the Chair)
- In case several WGs are participating in the same proposal, the submitting WG Chair should seek the required endorsements (to be copied to the Secretariat) from each of the other relevant WG Chairs
- WG Chair uploads and submits the documents using the online application form.
The submission of the proposal must be done by the Working Group Chair by completing the online Proposal Application form (below) and attaching the following forms (to be prepared by Activity Coordinator and sent to WG Chair, if a different person):
|Expression of Interest - Form (163,4 KB) (163 KB)||DOWNLOAD (163,4 KB)|
|Expression of Interest - Word (74 KB)||DOWNLOAD|
Please read the privacy notice (180,3 KB)
Proposals for Activities will be evaluated and selected by the ExCo, according to the following criteria:
- The anticipated impact of the Activity Proposal on the effectiveness of the contribution to the implementation of the agreed ECPGR Objectives/outputs/activities) (see: ECPGR Objectives). The quality of the proposal and the likelihood of the Activity reaching the expected results. (Weighting of 50%)
- The applicability of the results to the entire European Region versus just a few countries or a single country. (Weighting of 20%)
- Contributions (financial and/or in kind) of the applying Working Group(s) and the selected Activity members to the total cost of the Activity as well as the cost effectiveness of the Activity in advancing the implementation of the ECPGR Objectives. (Weighting of 20%)
- The appropriateness, quality and diversity of the partnership submitting the Grant (i.e. countries; institutions; multi-sectoral – NGOs, public and private sector and/or others; gender). (Weighting of 10%)
- The Secretariat will verify the eligibility of each partner to receive ECPGR funding. Before granting the successful proposals, National Coordinators will be consulted for endorsement of the final list of participants in successful Activities, in particular from their respective country’s perspective. In case of objections by a NC, the ExCo will take final decisions regarding the list of participants.
Please note that the ECPGR Secretariat is readily available for informal consultation in case you have doubts about the appropriate scope, eligible expenditures or any other aspect of your proposed Activity before submission!
- Lorenzo Maggioni [email@example.com]
- Lidwina Koop [firstname.lastname@example.org]