- Crop-specific genebank standards for orthodox seeds (agreed by the Avena WG, March 2016)
Note: these standards will be sent to the Steering Committee for endorsement.
- Collecting, conservation, viability testing, regeneration and multiplication, characterization/evaluation, distribution (74,3 KB) [draft in AEGIS progress report, July 2008]
A Task force was established in October 2010 to draft protocols on regeneration of wild accessions.
Crop conservation strategies
- Germeier CU, compiler. 2008. Global Strategy for the Ex Situ Conservation of Oats (Avena spp.)
- Morcia C, Germeier CU, Herrmann M, Polisenska I, Tumino G, Terzi V. 2013. Evaluation of genetic variability for FHB resistance in oat germplasm. Poster presented at the EUCARPIA Genetic Resources section meeting, 11-13 June 2013, Alnarp, Sweden.
- Germeier G. 2011. AVEQ - A project on Avena Genetic Resources for Nutritional Quality. (113,6 KB) Bioversity Newsletter for Europe 42:5
- Katsiotis A, Branca F, Garcia P, Ladizinsky G. 2010. Surveying and collecting Avena wild species in Sicily and Andalusia. (57,4 KB) Bioversity Newsletter for Europe 40:7
- Knüpffer H. 2009. Triticeae genetic resources in ex situ genebank collections. In: Feuillet C, Muehlbauer GJ, editors. Genetics and Genomics of the Triticeae. Plant Genetics and Genomics: Crops and Models. Vol. 7, Part 1. Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. pp. 31-79.
- Loskutov I, Omelchenko A, Harrer S. . Identification of duplicates by comparing passport data of Avena germplasm collections. (66,4 KB)
- Oat descriptors (IBPGR 1985)
Back to ECPGR Avena Working Group