Documents developed by the Working Group
- Crop-specific genebank standards for orthodox seeds (agreed by the Beta WG, March 2016) (101,6 KB)
Note: these standards will be sent to the Steering Committee for endorsement.
- Seed increase protocol for Beta and Patellifolia species (230,7 KB) (updated version, November 2014)
- Summary of the discussion on quality concept of Beta conservation (In: Report of second meeting, Bologna 2002, pp. 14-15)
- Seed regeneration guidelines: available protocols can be found here, listed by country:
- Belgium (17,5 KB) (Agricultural Research Centre, CLO, Gent)
- Germany (49,5 KB) (JKI, Braunschweig)
- Hungary (20,0 KB) (Institute for Agrobotany, Tápiószele)
- Poland (76,5 KB)(Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute, Bydgoszcz)
- Russian Federation (21,5 KB) (VIR, St Petersburg)
- Turkey (25,0 KB)(AARI, Menemen - Izmir)
- United Kingdom (23,0 KB) (Genetic Resources Unit, HRI, Wellesbourne)
- Guidelines for inclusion of characterization and evaluation data into the IDBB (12,1 KB) [In: Report of second meeting, Bologna, 2002, p.14]
Publications of interest
Presentations and posters
- Svirshchevskaya A, Malysheva O, Milko L, Mazur O, Kilcheusky A. 2013. SSR analysis of sugar beet parental forms of different origin for predicting possible heterotic effects. Poster presented at the EUCARPIA Genetic Resources section meeting, 11-13 June 2013, Alnarp, Sweden.
- Panella L, Fenwick A, Frese L, Hellier B, Richards CM. 2010. Genetic diversity within and among populations of Beta nana. (82,1 KB) 72nd IIRB Congress – 72e Congrès de l'IIRB – 72. IIRB Kongress. 22-24 June 2010, Copenhagen, Denmark. Abstract 3.26:177-179.
- Frese L, Nachtigall M, Iriondo J.M. et al. 2018. Genetic diversity and differentiation in Patellifolia (Amaranthaceae) in the Macaronesian archipelagos and the Iberian Peninsula and implications for genetic conservation programmes. Genetic Resources Crop Evolution https://doi.org/10.1007/s10722-018-0708-4. To access directly the full paper in PDF format, click here.
- Capistrano-Gossmann G. et al. 2017. Crop wild relative populations of Beta vulgaris allow direct mapping of agronomically important genes (520,9 KB). Nature Communications 8:15708 (DOI: 10.1038/ncomms15708)
- Nachtigall M, Bülow L, Schubert J, Frese L. 2016. Development of SSR Markers for the Genus Patellifolia (Chenopodiaceae). Applications in Plant Sciences 4(8):1600040. 2016.
- Frese L. 2005. Successful survey of Beta nana. (66,7 KB) IPGRI Newsletter for Europe 31:8.
- Frese L, Desprez B, Ziegler D. 2001. Potential of genetic resources and breeding strategies for base-broadening in Beta in: Cooper HD, Spillane C, Hodgkin T, editors. Broadening the genetic base of crop production. IPGRI/FAO. pp. 295-309. (126,0 KB)
Back to ECPGR Beta Working Group