Activity Coordinator: Juozas Labokas email
The project on: "Identification, preparation of applications and approval of sites to join the European in situ PGRFA conservation network (Inclusion of CWR sites in European in situ network)", submitted by the ECPGR Wild Species Conservation in Genetic Reserves Working Group for funding under the First Call of the ECPGR Activity Grant Scheme for Phase X, was selected by the Executive Committee in June 2019.
- Activity proposal (updated) (439,4 KB)
The Final Activity report and related data are now available:
First meeting: a Joint workshop with the Farmers' Pride Project took place 8-10 October 2019 in Santorini, Greece.
The joint workshop focused on two major topics:
- Standards and procedures for CWR and LR sites/populations (Discussion Session 1) and
- Network governance, policy, advocacy and communications (Discussion Session 2).
The work took place in six subgroups dealing with three different subtopics in each session, respectively. A wide spectrum of questions was covered during the discussions – from inclusion criteria and management standards for CWR and LR sites/populations to communication requirements to engage Network stakeholders. Draft timelines with concrete steps were proposed to take forward all the major procedures as well as draft recommendations were developed to facilitate Network creation.
- Workshop Programme (806,0 KB)
- Working Group schedule (714,8 KB)
- List of all participants (318,7 KB)
- List of ECPGR participants (37,0 KB)
- Workshop report
Funds for supporting the Activity “Identification, preparation of applications and approval of sites to join the European in situ PGRFA conservation network” were provided by Fed Rep of Germany