Working Group Project on Umbellifer Wild Relatives
(this section will be further populated)
- Collecting Umbellifer Crops' Wild Relatives in Albania (633,4 KB) (Sokrat Jani, Agricultural Technology Transfer Center (ATTC), Lushnje, Albania
- Review and characterization of Umbellifer wild relatives accessions in collections (Pavel Kopecky, Crop Research Institute (CRI), Czech Republic) [to come]
- Flow cytometry as a tool to quickly check for major taxonomic inaccuracies in collections (185,9 KB)(Charlotte Allender, Warwick Genetic Resources Unit, University of Warwick, United Kingdom)
- Characterization of Nordic region wild carrot (404,7 KB)(Svein Øivind Solberg, Nordic Genetic Resource Center (NordGen), Alnarp, Sweden)
- Taxonomical characterization of carrot wild relatives (E. Geoffriau and S. Huet, Agrocampus Ouest, IRHS, Angers, France; J.P. Reduron, Via Apia, Mulhouse, France) [to come]
- Evaluation of carrot wild relatives as resistance sources to Alternaria spp. (70,0 KB) (Thomas Nothnagel, Holger Budahn and Reiner Krämer, Julius Kühn-Institute (JKI), Germany)
Documents developed by the Working Group
- Umbellifer crop-specific genebank standards (67,3 KB) (Appendix III in Report of Second Meeting, June 2013)
- Minimum characterization descriptors for carrot (164,3 KB) (Appendix II in Report of Second Meeting, June 2013)
Publications of interest
- IPGRI. 1998. Descriptors for wild and cultivated Carrots. International Plant Genetic Resources Institute, Rome, Italy.
- UPOV Guidelines for the conduct of tests for distinctness, uniformity and stability:
- Allender C. 2012. Assessment of Unique Material in the European Collections of Umbellifer Crops (101,0 KB). Newsletter for Europe 44:7
- Diederichsen A. 1996. Coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.). Promoting the conservation and use of underutilized and neglected crops. 3. Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, Gatersleben/International Plant Genetic Resources Institute, Rome.