The European Cooperative Programme for Plant Genetic Resources (ECPGR) (formerly "European Cooperative Programme for Crop Genetic Resources Networks - ECP/GR) was founded in 1980 on the basis of the recommendations of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the Genebank Committee of the European Association for Research on Plant Breeding (EUCARPIA).
ECPGR is a collaborative Programme among most European countries, aiming at ensuring the long-term conservation and facilitating the utilization of plant genetic resources in Europe.
The Programme, which is financed by the participating countries and is coordinated by a Secretariat, operates through Working Groups dealing with groups of crops or with general themes related to plant genetic resources.
ECPGR is guided by a Steering Committee (SC), consisting of the National Coordinators of the member countries. The SC nominates an Executive Committee (ExCo) composed of five persons, to plan and execute the ECPGR activities, as decided upon by the SC.
- ECPGR communication and public relations strategy - Approved by the Steering Committee, January 2020 (63,8 KB)
- ECPGR Concept for on-farm conservation and management of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture - Endorsed by the ECPGR Steering Committee in January 2017 (723,4 KB)
- ECPGR Concept for in situ conservation of crop wild relatives in Europe - Endorsed by the ECPGR Steering Committee in March 2015 (1,5 MB)
- ECPGR Phase X - Management Structure (see here)
- ECPGR Phase X - Objectives (see here)
- ECPGR Phase X – Time frame and budget (see here)
- ECPGR Phase IX - Goal, Rules of Procedures and Terms of Reference for the operational bodies (see here)
- Global Crop Diversity Trust - February 2020 (see here)
- ESA (now Euroseeds) - May 2018 (see here)
- FAO International Treaty on PGRFA - December 2016 (see here)
- AEGIS Leaflet: A European Genebank Integrated System (Nov 2018) [PDF] (697,2 KB)
- ECPGR Leaflet: ECPGR Phase X (Nov 2018) [PDF] (1,3 MB)
- ECPGR Leaflet: ECPGR Phase IX (July 2015) [PDF] (1,2 MB)
- Weise S, Oppermann M, Maggioni L, Hintum Th van. 2017. EURISCO: The European search catalogue for plant genetic resources. Nucleic Acids Research 45 (D1):D1003-D1008 (published online 2016 https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkw755)
- Maggioni L, Engels J. 2014. Networking for plant genetic resources (571,2 KB). Pan European Networks: Science & Technology 10: 285-297