Fragaria nilgerrensis. Photo: M. Höfer, JKI Germany
firstname.lastname@example.orgNominated as Chair for Phase X in March 2019
View CV (72,0 KB)
Grant Scheme Activities
Working Group activities and related events
The Final Activity Report for the 'Collaborative action for updating the documenting about berry genetic resources in Europe (Europe.Berries)' is available here
The interim activity report for the 'Collaborative action for updating the documenting about berry genetic resources in Europe (Europe.Berries)' is available here
The Report of a Working Group on Berries, First Meeting, 14-15 January 2020, Dresden, Germany is published (available here).
The project on "Collaborative action for updating the documenting about berry genetic resources in Europe (EUROPE.BERRIES)", submitted by the Berries Working Group for funding under the Fourth Call of the ECPGR Activity Grant Scheme for Phase X, was selected by the Executive Committee [more info]
The first meeting of the Working Group took place 14-15 January 2020 at the Julius Kühn Institute in Dresden, Germany. [more info]
Monika Höfer, from the Institute for Breeding Research on Fruit Crops, Julius Kühn Institute, Germany, was nominated as Chair of the Working Group.
Countries are requested to send nominations for WG members (list available here). The WG will be able to start operating as soon as the Chair will have been nominated (selection process is ongoing).
The Working Group was officially established in 2019, at the beginning of ECPGR Phase X.
Other Working Group documents and publications
- BreedingValue - Pre-breeding strategies for obtaining new resilient and added value berries (Jan 2021 – Dec 2024)
- EUBerry -The sustainable improvement of European berry production, quality and nutritional value in a changing environment: Strawberries, Currants, Blackberries, Blueberries and Raspberries
- GENBERRY - European Small Berries Genetic Resources
- GoodBerry - Improving the stability of high-quality traits of berry in different environments and cultivation systems for the benefit of European farmers and consumers
- RIBESCO - Core collection of Northern European gene pool of Ribes