Documents developed by the Working Group
- Crop-specific genebank standards for orthodox seeds (agreed by the Leafy Vegetables WG, March 2016) (100,9 KB)
Note: these standards will be sent to the Steering Committee for endorsement.
- Minimum Descriptors for asparagus (Asparagus spp.) (237,5 KB) (April 2014)
- Current status overview of collections available (March 2014 )
- Genebank standards for Leafy Vegetables (193,9 KB) (extract from Report of Second Meeting, October 2013)
- Minimum Descriptors for leafy vegetables: Cultivated lettuce, Wild Lactuca spp., Spinach, Leaf chicory, Witloof, Endive, Root chicory (78,1 KB)(January 2009)
Documents developed with the EU GENRES project on Leafy Vegetables
- Minimum Descriptor List for Eruca (52,7 KB)
- Minimum Descriptor List for Valerianella (50,1 KB)<media></media>
Publications of interest
Presentations and posters
- Lebeda A, Křístková E, Kitner M, Mieslerová B, Korbelová P, Jemelková M. 2013. Prickly lettuce ‐ enormous source of variation unexploited in lettuce breeding. Poster presented at the EUCARPIA Genetic Resources section meeting, 11-13 June 2013, Alnarp, Sweden.
- Křístková E, Lebeda A, Kitner M, Jemelková M, Doležalová I, Beharav A. 2013. Natural interspecific hybrids in the genus Lactuca fished in nature and germplasm collections. Poster presented at the EUCARPIA Genetic Resources section meeting, 11-13 June 2013, Alnarp, Sweden.
- Van Treuren R, Kik C. 2011. Genetic resources of leafy vegetables in Europe: conservation and use (2,7 MB). Presentation at the EUCARPIA Leafy Vegetables 2011 Meeting, 24-26 August 2011, Lille, France.
- Beharav A, Hellier B, Richardson KL, Lebeda A, Kis T. 2018. Genetic relationships and structured diversity of Lactuca georgica germplasm from Armenia and the Russian Federation among other members of Lactuca L., subsection Lactuca L., assessed by TRAP markers. Genetic Resources Crop Evolution (https://doi.org/10.1007/s10722-018-0669-7)
- van Treuren R, Coquin P, Lohwasser U. 2012. Genetic resources collections of leafy vegetables (lettuce, spinach, chicory, artichoke, asparagus, lamb’s lettuce, rhubarb and rocket salad): composition and gaps (236,8 KB). Genetic Resources Crop Evolution 59:981–997 (DOI 10.1007/s10722-011-9738-x).
- Kik C. 2007. European leafy vegetables project is not just rocket science (70,7 KB). Bioversity Newsletter for Europe 34:17
- Kik C. et al. 2011. Leafy vegetables GENRES project successfully completed. (128,7 KB) Bioversity Newsletter for Europe 42:12
- Beharav, A. Lactuca georgica, a new wild source of resistance to downy mildew: comparative study to other wild lettuce relatives. Eur J Plant Pathol (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10658-021-02228-5
- Wei T, van Treuren R, Liu X. et al. Whole-genome resequencing of 445 Lactuca accessions reveals the domestication history of cultivated lettuce. Nat Genet (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41588-021-00831-0